Wednesday, October 15, 2008

American Anarchism - Introduction

I have been wanting to write something like this for a while. Because I want to explore some things for myself, I decided to write this whole thing, from my cell phone, onto a blog on the internet. Not really a incredible and exciting new idea, I admit, its been done. But the idea behind it is for my own enjoyment, nothing more. I will get back to that idea more later one. First, let me lay out some of the themes I want to adress.

I want to look at lots of ideas from the past and not so distant past, and then try to explain where I see us (anarchists), today. I am pretty scatter brained and that is one of the reasons I want to do this online, in a forum were people can try and keep me on track. See, this is a journey of discovery for me, and it is a journey that I hope to take with other people. I want feedback, negative or positive. Feedback will be a part of what I discuss as I write. Hopefully that will help keep me focus on the task at hand, which I should get back too now.

1. American Anarchism. What do I think that is; where do I see it as a movement; a critque of techniques used or ignored to advance the cause.

I think the best way to look at American Anarchism is to look at the different schools of thought. I will attempt to explain why I think American Anarchism is a distinct beast. I will look at the tactics of action that we see, politcal and social, and see what is going right and what could be better.

2. What is the State and Statism. How do we fight or embrace it? Is it neccesary for the state to wither away to live in an anarchist society?

My belief is that anarchism is about social relationships. I want to explore our place in the body politic. I want to discuss direct and indirect action.

3. Visions. I want to explore different visions on a theoretical basis, hopefully touching on many questions and disagreements.

Those are the three parts of what I want to write on. Each issue that comes up, I want to just let fly on that sublect. There are things I will dicuss that I didn't lay out specifically above, usually because I think they are so intregal that there is no way to seperate them from the other sections. Things like, property and homesteading, the (truly) free market, common property and how to deal with it, social justice and self defense. All these things will be present thoughout my writings because my whole premise on American Anarchism rests on them. But don't jump to any conclusions just yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well well well..."Black Shamrock" is now a phrase appearing on national TV. Criminal minds show tonight...

March 16, 2011 at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home